October 4th - October 29th
Akita Autumn CourseEnjoy a language and culture experience in the beautiful Akita countryside
Limited spots - apply in advance!Discover
Study the Japanese language and culture at Akita Inaka School, located in the picturesque countryside of Akita Prefecture, in Northern Japan. The course is designed for everyone who wants to improve their practical Japanese conversational skills and experience the Japanese countryside & lifestyle. Classes are run by young Japanese teachers from Monday to Friday (8:30 – 12:00) with various interesting activities after classes and during weekends.
Visiting beautiful places in nature, meeting locals and staying in a traditional Japanese house makes the experience very unique and special; something that cannot be experienced in a big city. The school was featured on NHK World and the feedback from all previous students speaks for itself.
Spots are limited and depend on the accommodation type students choose (single or shared rooms). All ages are accepted, but all students under 18 are required to have their parent’s permission to attend the course.
Welcome dinner with friendly locals
Local Onsen trip
Farm Stay with locals!
Wear Kimono in a samurai house!
Join activities with local high school students!
Kiritanpo Matsuri -Odate Festival
Choose your plan
- Welcome dinner with friendly locals Spend time with the friendly neighbours and high school students, cooking together dinner and tasting sake. You will have the opportunity to practice Japanese, learn about the local culture and make lifelong friends!
- Local Onsen trip You will be taken to the hot springs that only locals know! You will also be able to see all other onsens.
- Calligraphy class Learn from the master calligraphy teacher to write beautiful kanji using washi paper and brushes with ink that Japanese people are using for the art of calligraphy!
- Community events Spend time with locals and students. You will have the opportunity to practice Japanese, learn about local culture and make new friends!
- Farm Stay with locals! Spend a night with locals in their home, cook together delicious dinner using local ingredients, and improve your Japanese. You will be taken to the local onsen (hot spring) before cooking the dinner, and tasting local sake that is famous in Japan for being one of the best. In the morning, the owner will prepare traditional breakfast using fresh seasonal ingredients.
- Wear Kimono in a samurai house! Wear kimono and spend a night in an old traditional house. You will also learn the tea ceremony there and try delicious Japanese sweets as well as meeting adorable Akita Inu dogs.
- Join activities with local high school students! Meet with locals and local students when participating in various activities organized together.
- Kiritanpo Matsuri -Odate Festival The biggest festival of famous local food - Kiritampo. Its held in Odate and except for Kiritanpo, there are many food stalls and attractions prepared by locals.
- Pottery class Make your own hand-made creation at the local pottery club.
- Activity Transportation
- Language Classes
Booking of this trip is not possibile in this moment, please enter our priority list for upcoming trips.
N.B. Language classes, activities and transportation during activities are included in the price. For the accommodation, check the application form to see the options available.
Flights not included in the price.
Travel insurance is mandatory. You can purchase our insurance when filling in the application form, or you can purchase it privately. Credit Card travel insurances are not accepted for this course.
What You Need To Know
Study Trip Dates
To October 29th