December 2nd - December 15th
Christmas CourseGive in to the allure of the lights
Limited spots - apply in advanceJoin Priority List
Christmas in Japan is not what you’d expect normally, it’s so much better. Japan takes all the best parts of Christmas and packs it into one. It’s a magical time of year for many people and the Japanese focus on creating that perfect atmosphere. When they put up their illuminations they certainly don’t do it by half. Everywhere you go there are bright lights twinkling away, drawing you in and wrapping you up in the magic. There are a few not to be missed though and the Japan Christmas Course makes sure you don’t miss the best. It’s important to mix up some tradition in there too so you get the full experience. A chance to dress in a traditional Yukata, or dining out on a Yakatabune as you float down the river through Tokyo, really tops things off.
Cruise down river on a Yakatabune
Learn how to dress in a Yukata
Take a tour of Asakusa and enjoy fireworks in Odaiba
Try some Creative Calligraphy
Wander and wonder at the Ghibli Museum
Bright lights of Tokyo Dome Illuminations
Christmas Illuminations in Rikugien
Choose your plan
- Cruise down river on a Yakatabune Take a cruise on a Japanese wooden tour boat, a Yakatabune, that were popular in the Edo period. While you're floating downstream you'll get to dine on some delicious traditional cuisine.
- Bright lights of Tokyo Dome Illuminations Enjoy a night out singing your heart out at Karaoke and take in the amazing Christmas illuminations at Tokyo Dome, you'll be blown away.
- Christmas Illuminations in Rikugien There are a lot of illuminations to choose from in Tokyo at Christmas, but the Rikugien are one of the best. These beautiful gardens will take you to another world.
- Try some Creative Calligraphy Japanese calligraphy or 'shodo' truly is an art form. Why not pick your favourite character from your lessons and turn it into your own personal artwork.
- Learn how to dress in a Yukata Learn how to properly dress in a yukata, a traditional Japanese garment. It's the perfect chance to get dressed up.
- Wander and wonder at the Ghibli Museum Ghibli brings its characters to life in the studio's own museum. With recreations of scenes and life-size characters, it's a truly wondrous place and a must-see for any anime fan.
- Take a tour of Asakusa and enjoy fireworks in Odaiba Wonder at the traditional