Spring is a great time to visit Japan, get out into the countryside and get involved in the festivities. The Fusion Japan study trip brings together all of this in a 3-week course. Fusion is all about blending things and that’s exactly what we offer. Attend a top language school in Tokyo and immerse yourself in Japan with a mix of the old and new. You’ll get a chance to enjoy the spring air with a trip to Hakone, some traditional delights with a tea ceremony and furoshiki and see how it all translates to anime in a trip to the Studio Ghibli museum. Perhaps you’d like something a bit more traditional, so how about having some fun at a Matsuri and try out some of the festival foods, such as yakisoba or anzuame.
Dine out at an Izakaya
Make some tasty wagashi
Trip to Hakone
Explore Harajuku and Shibuya
Yukata & Tea Ceremony
Visit the Ghibli Museum
Celebrate at a Matsuri
Sing your heart out at Karaoke
Choose your plan
- Dine out at an Izakaya No trip to Japan is complete without a trip to a traditional Izakaya for an after-school drink. Bond with your fellow travellers over a drink and some delicious food.
- Celebrate at a Matsuri Japan sure knows how to do festivals and no trip is complete without attending a matsuri. Parades, crowds and food are all in abundance and most of all, they're great fun.
- Sing your heart out at Karaoke We're sure you've heard of karaoke, but have you experienced Japanese style karaoke? In a private booth for your group, two microphones and take it in turns to sing along to your favourite songs. If you are brave enough, why not whip out those Japanese songs you know to impress your new friends!
- Explore Harajuku and Shibuya First, there's the modern and ever-popular Harajuku, famous for everything cute and colorful. Then we have Omotesando with more up market boutiques, trendy cafes and bars. This tour then continuous to historical and very famous Meiji Shrine - a shrine dedicated to the spirits of Emperor Meiji and his wife. Enjoying a stroll through Yoyogi park before heading down to Shibuya Crossing, where you'll experience the rush of people crossing the street from all directions, such a cool experience!
- Visit the Ghibli Museum Are you familiar with Studio Ghibli? The animation studio behind favorites such as Totoro, the Cat Bus, etc. Even if you're not, you can still enjoy this amazing museum dedicated to showcasing the art and techniques of animation. The architecture of the buildings alone will bring out your inner child. On top of that you can enjoy themed sweets in their cafe, a theatre showing short films exclusive to the museum, and a nice souvenir shop for you hardcore fans who want to get memorabilia from your favourite films.
- Yukata & Tea Ceremony Join us for an afternoon of Japanese culture, held in a traditional setting. Let's start by getting into the right mood and get dressed up in the traditional garment Yukata (a type of Kimono). Then it's time to learn the art of serving and drinking green Japanese matcha tea. Enjoy watching the performance whilst eating a Japanese sweet (Wagashi), often served together with the rich green tea.
- Trip to Hakone Join us on a trip to Hakone, a wonderful 2 day getaway from Tokyo. With onsen, volcanos, and nature, you’ll not be short of things to explore.
- Make some tasty wagashi Join this alternative session and learn how to make wagashi - traditional Japanese sweets. See if you can craft with mochi and anko and then, best of all, taste your creations.
- Travel/Health Insurance
- Language Classes
- Basic Accommodation
- Activity Transportation
- Welcome Pack
Booking of this trip is not possibile in this moment, please enter our priority list for upcoming trips.
*Application fee included in the price.
The Fusion Japan course offers a fun-filled 3 weeks with all activities and plenty of chances to get out during your freetime, make friends and practice your new found language skills.
NOTE: This plan includes school lessons, accommodation, travel/health insurance, activity transportation. Flights are not included in the price.
What You Need To Know
Study Trip Dates
To May 29th