July 1st - August 9th
Kaohsiung Intensive Course – 6 Week Summer CourseIntensive and immersive Mandarin Chinese Course
Limited spots - apply in advance!Discover
Join Gateway Chinese’s 6 week Intensive Summer Course in Kaohsiung, to immerse yourself in Taiwanese culture and to take the next step with your Mandarin Chinese skills. Mixing 25 hours of language lessons a week and a range of activities, you’ll have a chance to see a different side of Taiwan. Each year the course includes a variety of cultural activities. Just some of them include learning about the art of calligraphy, visiting a traditional Chinese theatre and exploring the cuisine of the island. If you fancy something a bit more adventurous then you may have the chance to get out into nature and see some of the spectacular waterfalls in the mountains of Taiwan or even try your hand at wake-boarding. After 6 weeks, you’ll come away with a whole new perspective and some excellent new language skills.
Taste the delicious fusion cuisine
Visit a local temple
Test your watersports skills with wake-boarding
Educate yourself at a museum
Get absorbed in Chinese Theatre
Practice your calligraphy
Choose your plan
- Visit a local temple Mix influences from around the region, Taiwanese temples are as colourful as they are spiritual. Join us for a tour around some of the local temples in Kaohsiung
- Test your watersports skills with wake-boarding Kaohsiung is a coastal city which makes it ideal for watersports. One of the more popular is wake-boarding. Why not see if you've got what it takes.
- Get absorbed in Chinese Theatre It's very different from western theatre and possibly more exciting. Go on a night out at the local theatre to see what it's all about.
- Practice your calligraphy If you want to try something more relaxing, learning this ancient art is worth a try. Calligraphy can be a bit tricky but it's both beautiful and peaceful and a good chance to practice writing those Chinese characters you're learning.
- See some spectacular waterfalls With so many amazing mountains, there have to be some spectacular waterfalls. Get out into nature and see them for yourselves.
- Educate yourself at a museum With such a rich history, Taiwan has some brilliant museums. Join us on a tour to find out the history behind the sites you're exploring.
- Taste the delicious fusion cuisine With its own traditional dishes and the influences of so many other cultures, there are a lot of delicious dishes worth trying. Why not give your taste buds a treat.
- Airport Pick Up
- Language Classes
- Basic Accommodation
Booking of this trip is not possibile in this moment, please enter our priority list for upcoming trips.
Please note that the cultural activities are not fixed and will vary from course to course. The activities show above are just an example of the possibilities that you may get to try on your course.
What You Need To Know
Study Trip Dates
To August 9th