March 2nd - May 25th
Kaohsiung Intensive CourseIntensive and immersive Mandarin Chinese Course
Limited spots - apply in advance!Discover
Join Gateway Chinese’s 4-week Intensive Course in Kaohsiung, to immerse yourself in Taiwanese culture and to take the next step with your Mandarin Chinese skills. Mixing 15 hours of language lessons a week and a range of activities, you’ll have a chance to see a different side of Taiwan. The 4-week course runs 4 times a year meaning you don’t have to wait to get started. Each course includes a variety of cultural activities that change depending on the course and season. Just some of them include learning about the art of calligraphy, visiting a traditional Chinese theatre and exploring the cuisine of the island. If you fancy something a bit more adventurous then you may have the chance to get out into nature and see some of the spectacular waterfalls in the mountains of Taiwan or even try your hand at wake-boarding. Whatever time of year you choose, you’ll come away with a whole new perspective and some excellent new language skills.
07 March, 2019
10 June, 2019
09 September 2019
04 December, 2019
Visit a local temple
Educate yourself at a museum
Test your watersports skills with wake-boarding
Get absorbed in Chinese Theatre
See some spectacular waterfalls
Practice your calligraphy
Taste the delicious fusion cuisine
Choose your plan
- Test your watersports skills with wake-boarding Kaohsiung is a coastal city which makes it ideal for watersports. One of the more popular is wake-boarding. Why not see if you've got what it takes.
- Visit a local temple Mix influences from around the region, Taiwanese temples are as colourful as they are spiritual. Join us for a tour around some of the local temples in Kaohsiung
- See some spectacular waterfalls With so many amazing mountains, there have to be some spectacular waterfalls. Get out into nature and see them for yourselves.
- Educate yourself at a museum With such a rich history, Taiwan has some brilliant museums. Join us on a tour to find out the history behind the sites you're exploring.
- Practice your calligraphy If you want to try something more relaxing, learning this ancient art is worth a try. Calligraphy can be a bit tricky but it's both beautiful and peaceful and a good chance to practice writing those Chinese characters you're learning.
- Taste the delicious fusion cuisine With its own traditional dishes and the influences of so many other cultures, there are a lot of delicious dishes worth trying. Why not give your taste buds a treat.
- Get absorbed in Chinese Theatre It's very different from western theatre and possibly more exciting. Go on a night out at the local theatre to see what it's all about.
- Language Classes
- Basic Accommodation
Booking of this trip is not possibile in this moment, please enter our priority list for upcoming trips.
There are 1 to 1 or small group classes available as an upgrade for each course for an additional fee. You will need to discuss this directly with the school. These can start at anytime and run for any duration throughout the course. Please note that the cultural activities are not fixed and will vary from course to course. The activities show above are just an example of the possibilities that you may get to try on your course.
What You Need To Know
Study Trip Dates
To May 25th