January 7th - January 19th
Winter in JapanWarm your soul in Tokyo
Limited spots - apply in advanceJoin Priority List
Winter is a magical time to visit this amazing country and to learn the language. The Winter in Japan study trip gives you a chance to study at the Intercultural Institute of Japan, one of the oldest language schools in Tokyo and to make the most of your new skills. You’ll have a chance to get absorbed in traditional Japanese culture with a tea ceremony and calligraphy lessons and a taste of more modern culture with a karaoke session or two. The crisp winter nights are best spent with a tour of the winter illuminations which light up the city everywhere you go. We also include a trip to the Ghibli Museum to add to the magic and top off this two-week study trip with a break to Mount Fuji and the Kawaguchi Lake area.
Dine out at an Izakaya
Learn how to dress in a Yukata
Try some Creative Calligraphy
Relax at a Tea Ceremony
Be dazzled by the Winter Illuminations
Sing your heart out at Karaoke
Wander and wonder at the Ghibli Museum
Break Out of the Escape Room
Take a break to Mount Fuji
Choose your plan
- Dine out at an Izakaya No trip to Japan is complete without a trip to a traditional Izakaya for an after-school drink. Bond with your fellow travellers over a drink and some delicious food.
- Sing your heart out at Karaoke Get together and pick your favourite songs to sing along to. All the hits you can't get out of your head both Japanese and International!
- Be dazzled by the Winter Illuminations Take in a tour of the amazing winter illuminations that light up Tokyo at night. It's a truly magical experience.
- Break Out of the Escape Room Work together to solve the puzzles and break out of the Tokyo escape room. You'll get to know your fellow travelers really well.
- Enjoy a Tea Ceremony
- Take a break to Mount Fuji