July 4th - July 17th
Youth JapanSummer course for youths (15-17 year olds)
Limited spots - apply in advance!Discover
Want to experience the fun of Tokyo but are worried you’re too young! Well, don’t worry, we’ve organised a two week Summer Course just for you. If you’re 15-17, want to learn Japanese and love Japan then this is the perfect course for you. You’ll get to try on a yukata, make some sushi, and sing some karaoke, all in a super safe environment, so your parents don’t need to worry. With some awesome trips around Asakusa and Odaiba, you’ll see all sides of this spectacular country and be able to show off your new skills to your friends back home.
A safe travel experience – Read now
Yukata & Tea Ceremony
Sing your heart out at Karaoke
Try your hand at Bonsai
Make some sushi
Be Loud and Learn Taiko
Visit a Japanese High School
Visit the Ghibli Museum
Make some tasty wagashi
Cruise down from Asakusa to Odaiba
Get Creative with Furoshiki
Choose your plan
- Yukata & Tea Ceremony Join us for an afternoon of Japanese culture, held in a traditional setting. Let's start by getting into the right mood and get dressed up in the traditional garment Yukata (a type of Kimono). Then it's time to learn the art of serving and drinking green Japanese matcha tea. Enjoy watching the performance whilst eating a Japanese sweet (Wagashi), often served together with the rich green tea.
- Try your hand at Bonsai Try out the art of bonsai for yourself with a workshop in creating and caring for these tiny trees. Then see how the masters do it with a visit to the bonsai museum.
- Make some sushi Learn the surprisingly delicate art of making the world's favourite Japanese food. See if you can make the nicest looking sushi.
- Be Loud and Learn Taiko Traditional Japanese drums commonly known as Taiko are great for making some noise. Watch some professionals at work, then give it a go yourself and see if you have the rhythm.
- Visit a Japanese High School High School in Japan is pretty different. Come along for a visit and see what a day in the life of a school kid is like. You'll even get to try a club activity and it's not what you'd expect.
- Visit the Ghibli Museum Are you familiar with Studio Ghibli? The animation studio behind favorites such as Totoro, the Cat Bus, etc. Even if you're not, you can still enjoy this amazing museum dedicated to showcasing the art and techniques of animation. The architecture of the buildings alone will bring out your inner child. On top of that you can enjoy themed sweets in their cafe, a theatre showing short films exclusive to the museum, and a nice souvenir shop for you hardcore fans who want to get memorabilia from your favourite films.
- Make some tasty wagashi Join this alternative session and learn how to make wagashi - traditional Japanese sweets. See if you can craft with mochi and anko and then, best of all, taste your creations.
- Cruise down from Asakusa to Odaiba Wonder at the traditional delights of Asakusa, before hopping on a boat to cruise down to Odaiba to see the new giant Unicorn Gundam.
- Get Creative with Furoshiki Whether giving a gift or wrapping your lunch, add that truly special touch by learning this beautiful craft. Traditional furoshiki wrapping cloth brings an elegance to make it a true art.
- Pocket WiFi
- Travel/Health Insurance
- Language Classes
- Basic Accommodation
- Activity Transportation
- Welcome Pack
Booking of this trip is not possibile in this moment, please enter our priority list for upcoming trips.
*Application fee included in the price.
The course cost includes all activities, language classes, basic accommodation, activity transportation, health insurance and meals (except weekend lunches). Flights are not included in the price.
Youth courses only offer Gold Plans to put your mind at ease. With all activities arranged, accommodation with a host family and language lessons each morning, you certainly won’t be bored and you’ll feel safe and sound.
What You Need To Know
Study Trip Dates
To July 17th